European Responsible Care Awards 2014 open for entries!
8 Responsible Care areas, 3 winners!
Take part in the competition and get your work done in front of the people that matter!
- Do you believe your organisation deserves increased visibility for its commitment and accomplishments in applying the Responsible Care principles?
- Are you keen to present your efforts and achievements that are actively contributing to the Responsible Care objectives?
- Do you consider your project outstanding?
The 2014 European Responsible Care Awards, managed by Cefic, are looking for examples in one of the eight areas that embrace the Responsible Care ethic.
The jury (list available soon) will reward the three best winning projects carried out in any of the "8 Responsible Care Areas".
Deadline for entries: 1 June 2014
8 Responsible Care areas
- Communication: for projects that can demonstrate excellence in Responsible Care communications.
- Distribution: for initiatives recognized that focus on risks through ensuring the safe distribution of chemicals.
- Energy Efficiency/SPiCE3: the Energy Efficiency Award recognises and promotes outstanding projects in energy efficiency, renewable energy and clean transport.
- Environment: for projects that demonstrate excellence in environmental processes and products over their life cycles.
- Occupational Health: This area recognises projects that have achieved excellence in occupational health demonstrated by improved or sustained health programme performance and a healthy workforce and workplace.
- Process Safety: outstanding initiatives which have an exemplary record in implementing effective process safety management systems.
- Security: Promotes outstanding examples that describe fundamental management practices to protect people, property, products, processes, information and information systems by enhancing security,
- Product Stewardship: This area focuses on products that are developed, manufactured, distributed, used and disposed of in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
Entries will be considered by an expert jury of senior representatives from EU institutions, industry, trade associations and media (list available soon). Our judges are Responsible Care thinkers and doers, even if you don?t win, this is a great way to make them aware of your work.
As they read your entry, judges will be asking:
- How effectively does the project or initiative meet the specific criteria of the category entered?
- Does the project ensure a cycle of continuous improvement?
- What are the key benefits for your company/national associations, both internal and external?
- Is the project well communicated to employees, local communities, and other stakeholders?
- Is the project already implemented? Projects which are still at the planning stage or not yet fully operational are not eligible.
- Does the project show concrete facts and figures?
Winning projects should have elements of originality, innovative features and best practice sharing within the chemical industry and with customer industries.
- The Awards will be announced during the Global Chemical Industry European Convention in Paris on 17th October 2014.
- Winners are invited to attend the special ceremony to present their projects and to receive the Awards.
- The prize consists of an attractive glass sculpture and a certificate. The day will finish with a gala dinner, an ideal opportunity for networking after an inspiring day. The event is likely to receive extensive media coverage.
Profile on Cefic?s website
All entries fully meeting the judging criteria will be long-listed and published on Cefic?s website. Winners will have their in-depth project description published on our website.
Watch the Responsible Care Awards 2013 winner video (below).